The hiking circuits
Snaking all around the villages of our destination, the hiking trails from the Canal du Midi to Saint Chinian will offer you magnificent panoramas in the heart of unspoiled nature. A great discovery, a moment to take your time!
In these lands where wind and sun mingle, where the smell of rosemary, thyme and pine forests penetrates your senses, we invite you to explore the landscapes of Canal du Midi and scrubland for a trip to the heart of the vineyards of the Saint-Chinian, Minervois, Languedoc appellations...
See the details of our
Download the sheets of our 18 hiking circuits from the Canal du Midi to Saint-Chinian
- The Canal du Midi (Capestang – 13 km)
- Saint Christophe Priory (Puisserguier – 11.5 km)
- The July Cross (Quarante – 8.4 km)
- The banks of the canal (Quarante – 13 km)
- Les Bories (Creissan - 7.7 km)
- Parade of Marie Coquette (Cruzy – 9.3 km)
- Saint Bauléry (Cébazan – 7.8 km)
- The Dolmen (Cébazan – 7.7 km)
- Les Bousigues (Assign- 7 km)
- Les Barralets (Assign – 6.5 km)
- Steeho (Saint Chinian – 10 km)
- Les Clapàs (Saint Chinian – 10 km)
- Le Priou (Pierrerue – 17 km)
- Saint-Martin-de-Dounaro (Prades-sur-Vernazobre – 8.7 km)
- The banks of the Orb (Cessenon-sur-Orb – 13 km)
- Coumiac (Cessenon-sur-Orb – 8 km)
- The Puech de Ligne Nègre (Cazedarnes – 5.3 km)
- Fontcaude Abbey (Cazedarnes – 17.5 km)
An Oenorando route labeled by the federation!
This peaceful 9 km hike in the land of the Saint-Chinian vineyards aims for the rock of Notre-Dame, with the Avants-Monts line and the silhouette of the Caroux massif in the background. It allows you to appreciate the beauty of the landscapes of the AOC Saint-Chinian vineyard and the local heritage: the Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth chapel, the village of Capitelles, the town center of Saint-Chinian with its cloister...
Ask for our topo-sheets!
To orient yourself and understand the landscapes around you, we have topo-sheets, or in a complete kit (for sale), in the reception points of the tourist office from the Canal du Midi to Saint-Chinian.
You will find in each topo-fiche : the circuit map, a description, tourist information, the level of difficulty and the duration.
Find in our reception points the 18 topo-sheets of marked hiking routes easy to medium level for 1 hour 45 minutes to 6 hours of walking.
Find also offer you the labeled oenorando route map by the French Hiking Federation for the Notre Dame de Nazareth route.
Roaming and Great Hikes
GR OF COUNTRIES
TOUR IN SAINT CHINIAN
of 2-3 days in the heart of our vineyards!
Find our hiking trails
All our tours can be viewed on our partner's website Cirkwi which accompanies you in the preparation of your hikes:
- Watch and choose your tour
- Discover the flagship sites of our destination and the best panoramas of our beautiful region
- Download the codes for your GPS
- Print your itineraries
- Estimate the difficulty of the hikes ...
Adopt the right gestures to preserve the environment!
Provide a bag to collect your waste.
Respect the ecosystem: touch animals and plants as little as possible!
Use a gourd instead of a plastic bottle.